Andy Pandy

Thank you

Space, Rory & dave.

Today i scraped the mastic from around the outside of the window (
well what was left of the mastic anyway). The mastic was a bead of say
7 mm dia which i just peeled off. The frame work was then essentially
bare. i could put a screwdriver from the outside of the house into the
silicone on the inside of the house ! admittedly there was a poor
effort to put some sponge stuff in (not expanding foam but more like
that stiuff you get on new electrical goods, the thin film of white
sheet,, but a bit thicker )

Any way I bought a can of foam stuff and blasted around the framework
(then spend a flippin hour getting the excess off with a knife and a
wire brush on the bricks) I,m sure there is a cleaner way to apply
this stuff but thats another thread and i have finished the job anyway

I then scraped a bit of the foam out all around to give me a bit of
depth to apply Glaziers sylicone.

The frame moves no more and I'm chuffed.

Thanks Chaps

Andy