Steven Briggs

Seeing as the ridiculous rules and regulations for asbestos disposal
have been forced upon by the government etc, I do feel that local
authorities should be under a legal obligation to provide free disposal
facilities for householders asbestos cement products.
For example, round this area, I believe East Yorks charge (I know
someone who had to pay ~£100 to dispose of a garage roof's worth), York
City have a collection service for a nominal charge (£20ish ISTR,
whether that's per item or per load I don't know), in my own area of N
Yorks there's fortunately a free skip at Harrogate, which I think has to
serve most if not all of the county.
I recently had to get rid of 25 sheets of the stuff, at 8'6" by 2'6"
each. £100 of polythene and a hard days graft to wrap it all up. Jeez I
could hardly walk for week, aching in places I didn't even know had
muscles! Then had to find a mate with a spare time & trailer to take it
for disposal.

--
Steve