PaPaPeng

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:12:16 GMT, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

PaPaPeng,

First, let me mention that I'm no expert on TV sets in general, and I
don't know your model at all.

Often on something like a relay there are pins that are not used, since
often there are normally open and normally closed contacts, and only one
of them is used. The unused contact often gets a isolated solder pad
just to mechanically mount the relay, as they are relatively heavy.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Thanks for the responses. The jumper wire fixed the problem.

On the traces, while the donut left a bare patch of PCB that didn't
seem to have any connection to a conductor in fact there is a wide
ground plane like conductor patch. It is sealed under a thick
conformal plastic coat such that unless I looked closely, there didn't
appear to be anything under that coat.

There are only three pins on the relay. If it functioned on only two
pins I figured there is no way a relay would work that way.