In misc.consumers.house Jim Woodward wrote:
I am re-wiring my main bathroom and putting in an exhaust fan unit
too. The bathroom has always been on a common lighting circuit and
I'm putting it on it's own 20AMP circuit now. I have a GFCI breaker
installed at the panel (I figure that this is a good thing)? I have
had a GFCI receptacle over the sink area. Is it still a good idea to
keep this receptacle as a GFCI, should I change it out for a standard
duplex? Is there a code reason to keep or remove one of these devices
from the same circuit? It seems redundant to me to have both these
GFCI devices in the same line, and I also don't know that it's safe.

Personally, if you are going to wire the light to the same
circuit as the outlet, I would forget the GFCI at the breaker
and just keep the outlet GFCI. Then, wire the light *before*
the GFCI in the circuit so that if you trip the GFCI you don't
find yourself in the dark. Though really, I'd leave the light
on the general lighting circuit and use the new circuit for
the fan and outlet only. Then you can keep the GFCI at the
breaker box and if it trips you only cut off the fan and not
the light.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.