dendee

Wickes have discounts on some of their wood flooring until 31st of this
month. Ranges from laminate (ptui! :-) through beech faced (about 7mm,
says you can sand it several times) @ about £20 per square metre, ditto
oak about £25, through to solid wood (c. £30 - £35 IIRC). All snap-lock
fitting like laminates (but a bit thicker?).

Anybody know if this is the canonical best price around or could I get
equivalent cheaper (or at similar price but from sustainably-managed
sources - I didn't see an FSC or similar logo on their packs of the
stuff)?

do you have a Makro card? If so, check out their stuff - just got bamboo
flooring for 14.99 m2 (plus VAT and they also had solid oak for similar
price. Goes as soon as a delivery comes in though - builders buy up the
whole delivery so you have to keep phoning and get there as soon as it
arrives.