Jo-Anne & Edward Tabachek

I use a #2 morse taper reamer on my Woodfast every once in a while. I have
found that the drive center will slip and raise a burr on the inside of the
taper and by rotating the "machinist's' reamer I can remove these burrs and
any other crap that gets pressed in there. The reamers are not inexpensive
but not out of site in price either. Maybe someone else can suggest a US
supplier for these. I just rotate the reamer slowly, by hand for a couple
of rotations. Don't put too much pressure on the reamer, you don't want to
remove too much metal - only the little burr. It seems to do the job, OK,.
I have always wondered why Woodfast's shaft was not hardened. I think some
other lathe shafts are, hardened.
Ed.