ZZonka Tonka

Split receptacles, oh yea, I wired a couple of those in my house. You wind up
having a receptacle to use for a lamp with out having to put another one side
by side for a lamp. I use one of them for electrical repair projects when I
want to stand back a ways to test what ever I hope I fixed. They are not so
handy when you can't remember why the vacuum that was running just a minute ago
now doesn't run. I also have a switch that does nothing for a garbage disposal
I'm going to put in, someday, when I get around to it, when I think of it, and
they are sale, maybe I find a new one at a garage sale...

"Mr. Whippy" wrote:

As sure as sheetrock, you are correct! I've never heard of such a thing,
but the switch DOES control one half of an outlet!

Thanks!
Mr. Whippy

--

"Greg" wrote in message
Are you sure it doesn't control half of one of the duplex receptacles in
that
room? It might also have gone to the fan in a fan/light combo that is now
just
a light. Is it near a basement or attic access? How about an outside
outlet? I
had a "mystery switch" that controlled a landscape light outlet in the
yard.
That took a while to figure out. ;-)