Lee Bray

Default Question regarding roofing felt and drip cap!!

I am outside now stripping the roof of shingles. Question came to mind
is the drip cap installed first and then the felt laid over or the other
way around. Reason for asking is as I stripped the roof the first
couple of rows of felt the felt was underneath and the last ones the
felt is over the drip cap, which is right? Thanks for any assistance.
Of course the felt would be easier to trim if over drip cap. I just
want to do it right, figure it is the last time I will ever need it at
my advanced age! Not to confident hanging on a roof.

Lee