nightjar

"Pecanfan" wrote in message
Can anyone give me an approximation of how much I'll be expected to pay
for
12 x 2.3m lengths of 220x75 PFC / RSC? (pre-drilled, cut to precise
lengths
and delivered). I've checked shop4steel.com but they only do 12m lengths
and it seems quite dear (and I don't fancy trying to cut this stuff in the
street).

Also, according to shop4steel.com the 200x75 stuff is 23Kg/m. How
realistic
is it that I'm going to be able to lift the steel into a loft, precisely
manoeuvre it all into place and bolt it all together with 20mm bolts,
myself?

That is 53kgs, or about a hundredweight. Whether that is practical to move
alone will depend a lot on how strong you are. I know many people who have
trouble even lifting that, much less be able to manoeuvre it through a loft
hatch. In any case, for safety and control, I would use a hoist and / or
enlist the help of a couple of other people.

Colin Bignell