GeoCrunch21

Subject: Humidifier recommendation?
From: "Harry"
Date: 10/27/2004 11:38 AM Eastern Standard Time

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Harry wrote:
I have forced hot air heat, and the old Humidor humidifier (installed
near
the furnace) is no longer working. I never liked it all that much,
anyway,
it was the old type with the rotating sponge, etc. So, now I am looking
for
a new humidifier. Any recommendations? Are the "mist spray" type better
than the rotating sponge one (I don't know the precise term).

I suggest neither. I suggest the Aprilaire models. Not only do I have
one, but I chose it since so many people here and elsewhere have
recommended them.

Thanks. I took a quick look, and they have a few different models. 400,
550, 600, 700, 760A Other that the ratings, in terms of sq. ft., and the
fact that the 550 is manual, is the 700 series with the fan, better or just
different? Which one did you get?

Get the 700 (with the fan). You'll love it.