Pecanfan

Default Steel costs?

Can anyone give me an approximation of how much I'll be expected to pay for
12 x 2.3m lengths of 220x75 PFC / RSC? (pre-drilled, cut to precise lengths
and delivered). I've checked shop4steel.com but they only do 12m lengths
and it seems quite dear (and I don't fancy trying to cut this stuff in the
street).

Also, according to shop4steel.com the 200x75 stuff is 23Kg/m. How realistic
is it that I'm going to be able to lift the steel into a loft, precisely
manoeuvre it all into place and bolt it all together with 20mm bolts,
myself?

(search for "A loft hatch, joist cutting challenge for you..." on Google
Groups for the story behind this!)

TIA,

Andy