dsg

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:43:35 +0100, Graham wrote:

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
"dsg" wrote in message
news

Some PVR's output RGB, but I know of no consumer VCR that does

I would rather concentrate on why your TV is not displaying composite PAL
video in colour (I assume it's PAL 'cos you know how to spell 'colour')

What model of TV is it? Some TV's can be switched in the menu, or by a
hardware switch on the back, to accept S-Video signals to the SCART.

In this configuration Luminance is expected on pin 20 and chrominance on 15

As pin 20 is normally the composite input you can see why the picture would
be monochrome.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. The set is indeed PAL. The problem is, it's
some rebranded no-name set (says "mark" on the front, on the back there is
a model number: "TBT2002 TXT", which google doesn't find anything for).
I'm also quite sure I've seen the same set under a different brand name, I
just don't remember where.

The TV doesn't really have a config menu, and I couldn't find any switches
on the back.

Thanks,
David