raden

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:06:01 +0100, Kalico wrote:

Is the Mexico that rubbish?

The one I am removing is presumably the predecessor to the Mexico and
has been in reliable service since 1973.

Reliability and efficiency are not the same thing.

I used to have a GW Galaxy BBU - never fails (not even a thermocouple!) in
14+ years!. Probably wasted £2000 of gas during those years.

I have been replacing combi boilers in my rented property on an
average of every 4 years - hardly good value then are they?

Should have fitted a proper boiler, care to mention the name(s)?:
Bet it wasn't something that cost over £500?

I look after the heating at a number of flats.
So far out of 6 17-year old Vaillants and 10 12-year
old Vaillants ONE has been replaced.

Vaillant 242 here

16 years old, replaced the fan and secondary heat exchanger

(although there is now a strange fault which has defeated EVERYONE)

--
geoff