Bob_M

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:09:48 GMT, "DesignGuy"
wrote:

I've got a screen-in porch that we recently painted the exterior using a
solid color deck stain. The interior, however, is not painted nor do I want
it to be as I prefer the natural wood look there. However since rain and
snow sometimes enter through the screens, the wood would need some kind of
protectant. I'm not sure what I should use, since the porch is 5 yrs old
already. Is it to late for a sealer (I have no idea if one was originally
applied), or should it just be cleaned periodically?

There are numerous semi-transparent and some "clear" stains that you
could use. Consumer Reports recently did a review of many of them
stating all their likes and dislikes of each.

This summer I had a new all white cedar deck built and I selected
Sikkens Cetol natural cedar stain and it came out just great looking.
I wanted a look that mimiced what it looked like when rain water was
on it and I believe we've accomplished that.

Good luck.