Prometheus

On 27 Oct 2004 15:47:37 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:29:52 -0500, Prometheus wrote:
On 26 Oct 2004 15:24:36 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Good to know you, you know, get all the facts and stuff before making
up your mind on something.

So by *all the facts* you mean all the facts you like, ignoring
whatever you don't see... Sure, most people are fine with guns.

Great, you've got _some_ founding in reality.

Plenty. I try to keep it firm by not stuffing myself full of
propiganda from any quarter. That includes both the Brady faction and
the NRA equally. Again, you are misinterpreting my entire position.
You want me to be diametrically opposed to you, but I'm not- and never
was. The problem with memorizing the statistics and arguments from
gun magazines, and then trying to use them in conversation is that you
must presuppose that if someone is not 100% with you, then they are
against you. Keep your guns, enjoy them, don't blow your pinkie toe
off- it's all the same to me. I don't care to take away your guns, I
just cringe at puppet-like repetition of party lines.

But
there are plenty that are not,

Yes, and they're called "criminals". You know, people who commit crimes.

That would be who I'm talking about, yes.

and they're they type -like it or not-
that tend to favor guns that look mean, have 100 round clips and come
with a bayonet.

They do? Can you provide, you know, a cite, to back that up?

A cite? Nope. Just met a lot of criminals who like that kind of gun.
It's darn near universal in outlying areas, though it may be different
in inner city areas and such. Not everything that is true must be in
a book. Not every book contains the truth. I confront reality
through the avenue of my own senses, and have known them to decieve me
at times- so how can I possibly trust someone using a different set of
senses to tell me what is true or not, especially when I do not know
them intimately?

That's who I'm talking about, not joe average with
his nice over-under 16ga that he uses for bird hunting.

So are you basing your problem on the person, or the function of the gun,
or the appearance of the gun? I feel that where there is a problem it is
with the person deciding to misuse it, personally. Perhaps you blame
inatimate objects for the actions of people, but I reject that.

The person. And the propiganda.