Greg O

"Harry" wrote in message
ervers.com...

Thanks. I took a quick look, and they have a few different models. 400,
550, 600, 700, 760A Other that the ratings, in terms of sq. ft., and the
fact that the 550 is manual, is the 700 series with the fan, better or

just
different? Which one did you get?

The 550 and 600 are bypass models, a duct runs from the humidifier to the
return air duct, some people have a problem with these, bypassing some of
the heated air to the return.
The 600 has the control with outdoor air temp reset, good unit. The 700 is a
powered unit, needs a 120 volt outlet nearby to run the fan. It does not
bypass air to the return.It also comes with the outdoor reset.

All that said, we install allot of the 550 and 600's. Very few 700's.
Greg