Trent©

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:58:37 -0400, "Harry"
wrote:

Ryobi and Skill are
brands, it's just that they are lower quality that others (DeWalt, Makita,
etc.)

Lower quality? No. Simply different specs. Some are production
tools...some are handyman tools. Both are good quality...but within
their own realm.

Chicago Electric, Drill Master, etc. are imported, no-name, cheap
stuff that is named by each store that imports them.

No...that's not correct.

So, in terms of my
question, as to how they compare, the quality of these store-named-imports
are lower qiality than the low-priced brand ones (Ryobi, Skill, etc.)
RIght?

Wrong. Within their own right, the quality is good.

A good analogy...sailing. If yer going 5 miles along the Atlantic
coast, a 30 hp motor and the Queen Mary or similar super liner will
both get you there. One will cost more...and be over kill for the
task at hand. They will both have the quality to get the task
accomplished.

But if yer goin' from New York to England, the 30 hp motor probably
won't make it. The QUALITY will still be there...but will be
overshadowed by the enormous task at hand.

Enter into the equation...prejudice. Many folks are prejudiced as to
the tool and the retailer selling it.

An example? If I had a choice between a DeWalt & a Ryobi...I'd take
the Ryobi every time!

Have a nice one...

Trent