Mike Hibbert

Default CM67 Optimum Start algorithm

"JH" wrote in message

"Set Square" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

The CM67 is only
optimised on, in the morning period, so I believe.

This does not stack up with my experience! My CM67 is programmed to

provide
a lunchtime boost of 21 degC from 12:30 to 13:30 having been set back to

18
degC for the morning period. The boiler usually fires up just before 12

in
order to achieve the target temperature by 12:30. If you monitor the

target
temperature on the stat, it changes this from 18 to 21 at the point when

it
decides to fire up, rather than at the programmed time.

As some will remember, with the groups useful advice I fitted a CM67RF to
my existing system a few weeks back. It's transformed the level of control
and refinement compared to before (a TRV only system) but if like me you

are
new to these types of stat it does take a bit of mind set change to get

the
best out of programming the device e.g. one error I made was to set the
target temp time too early because I was thinking along the lines of

giving
the house a chance to warm up before getting up. The CM67 started the

system
up in the middle of the night. A bit of tweaking sorted that.out.

I've not changed the factory settings but like most tuning (bikes, cars,

IT
systems etc.) I'm going along the path of changing one user setting at a
time and checking the results over the next or so. I may move on the

factory
settings but I doubt it.

Jules

And I fitted one just after Jules (after tapping you lot up for info). It
has totally transformed our house. It feels comfortable ALL the time now!