BigWallop

Default Scaring rabbits

"gandalf" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

Ah !!! If it's good eating your after, then the best is the outer braid

off
a length of coaxial cable. Make a nice noose from the braid and place

it in
the hedgerow, at rabbit head height, and wait. Once the rabbit is

caught in
the noose and it struggles to get away, the noose tightens but doesn't
loosen. DA DA !!! One Big Wabbit ready for the pot. Now I'm hungry.

---------
At the very least snares are cruel and unnecessary. They may just be

illegal, I
don't know. If they're not - they should be.

The rabbit population has grown to an incredible extent and does cause
considerable damage in the countryside. However, if we must terminate them

think it right that we do it efficiently. I only shoot them in the head,

and
then only in one spot. If I can't take it, or don't think I can achieve

the shot
then I don't attempt it.

A snared, slowly strangled, and left to die for 12 hours in a hedgerow,

rabbit
is hardly likely to taste better than one killed instantly.

My snared rabbits never stay snared for long. They're usually skinned and
in the pot within an hour. The only reason for the snare is to keep them in
the one spot so you can cut their throats with a very sharp knife.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com