Joseph Meehan

Joe Fabeitz wrote:
Get the Aprilaire with the fan. I tried the one without which connects to
both the supply pleneum and the return duct. It depends on differential
pressure to push air past the "media" and didin't work very well.

Sorry to hear it did not work well for you. It works fine for me.

For what
it's worth, the Sears model that used the sponge covered wheel, pushed the
most water into the air but the yearly maintenance on it was higher.

"Harry" wrote in message news:d277d$417
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Harry wrote:
I have forced hot air heat, and the old Humidor humidifier (installed
near
the furnace) is no longer working. I never liked it all that much,
anyway,
it was the old type with the rotating sponge, etc. So, now I am
looking
for
a new humidifier. Any recommendations? Are the "mist spray" type
better
than the rotating sponge one (I don't know the precise term).

I suggest neither. I suggest the Aprilaire models. Not only do I
have
one, but I chose it since so many people here and elsewhere have
recommended them.

Thanks. I took a quick look, and they have a few different models.
400,
550, 600, 700, 760A Other that the ratings, in terms of sq. ft., and the
fact that the 550 is manual, is the 700 series with the fan, better or
just
different? Which one did you get?

--
Joseph E. Meehan