The Natural Philosopher

Default Barn conversion - how deep should the footings be..... - UPDATE

Simon Hawthorne wrote:

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:06:41 -0000, "Set Square"
wrote:

[Sorry if this sounds nit-picking, but you will need to get involved both
with planners and BCOs on this project - and it's important to understand
the role of each of these].

It doesn't sound nit-picking at all... my structural engineer is
looking after both for me - so fingers crossed. he did say that no
new build would ever get away with it - but as it is a barn - and
there are so few in the area, they may not be so strict - but who
knows!

Yes, new build HAS to be done to standards, but a revamp (remember NOT
to take down ALL walls, or its a new build) can get away with original
stuff.

S.

http://www.thehawthornes.org