Lenny Fackler

Christopher Green wrote in message . ..
On 25 Oct 2004 23:47:03 -0700,
(HopelessStudent) wrote:

Hello google group. I just bought my first home and I have a few
problems to finish up but I haven't got much of a clue what to do.
Here are the main problems:
1) the claw-tub faucet doesn't turn off despite the nozzle's being
turned as far as possible (with a wrench) it still drips. The other
noticeable problem is that when it is on, more water sprays out where
the shower attachment meets the faucet then comes up to the shower
head.

Time to learn how to fix a faucet. If this is really old-style
plumbing, you probably have worn-out washers, and the shower head may
need to be re-seated with a fresh wrapping of pipe tape. Any basic
home repair book should have decent explanations.

Yeah, every home owner should know some basic plumbing. It's one of
the easiest things you can learn to save some money. If you're not
sure what you're doing though, don't start the project on a weekend or
after hours. Just in case you make a mess of it and have to call a
plumber.
I once started a bathtub faucet replacement on the 4th of July that
turned into a disaster. I don't think the plumber was thrilled to be
there and charged accordingly.