Edwin Pawlowski

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
news:w6Nfd.324907$D%.207527@attbi_s51...
I've got a screen-in porch that we recently painted the exterior using a
solid color deck stain. The interior, however, is not painted nor do I
want
it to be as I prefer the natural wood look there. However since rain and
snow sometimes enter through the screens, the wood would need some kind of
protectant. I'm not sure what I should use, since the porch is 5 yrs old
already. Is it to late for a sealer (I have no idea if one was originally
applied), or should it just be cleaned periodically?

I'd use spar varnish to maintain the natural look. There are other
products like Cetol, but it will darken the wood a bit.