Geo

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:21:24 +0100, "Hippo" wrote:

Anyone know how to get this boiler off the wall without resorting to JCB /
explosives !?
Does anyone know how much it weighs roughly?

exactly 163 lb (74kg) dry

From what I can see, there is a frame on the wall which the boiler has been
slotted in to.

Correct.
The frame is screwed to the wall with 3 coach screws 8 x 50 mm (5/16 x 2in)

There are a couple of studs that are located into cut outs in the frame. I
would guess that the boiler has been lifted into the slots, pushed back and
then settled into a lower cut out (1/4'') to prevent it moving.

The fitting instructions say
"Lift the boiler onto the wall mounting plate, entering the projecting flue duct
into the opening cut in the wall, and lowering the two suspension slots into the
slotted bearers at the top of the wall mounting plate side angles. Fit the M8
washers and nuts and secure the boiler in position."

The problem
I have is there doesn't seem to be enough give to lift the thing up 1/4'' to
bring it out. All the pipes connecting it have been disconnected.
Is there something else to this?

Well it took brute force to lift mine - had to use two ladders with a long plank
between them holding the boiler. By geting my shoulder underneath I was able to
slowly raise a rung at at time as my wife moved the ladders.

Next one will be floor mounted or fitted by someone else...

luck,

Geo