Ed Sirett

Default Built in gas oven

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:47:06 +0000, NikV wrote:

Hi All
SWMBO has got her heart set on a gas double oven to replace our old elctric
fan oven, we already have a gas hob so the gas supply is there already, how
much trouble is it likely to be to fit? The last time I did any gas fitting
was with 3" iron pipe in a boiler house (20 years ago). Are there likely to
be fittings designed to supply both hob and oven easily available or is it a
case of just finding a BSP tee and flexible connector. I guess I'm asking
if this has been standardised - in our previous house I just fitted a
bayonet fitting.

Firstly read the instructions.
Fitting built in gas ovens is somethings I've only done a couple of times.
It might be possible to fit the oven with a flexible hose and use a
standard self sealing bayonet connector on the other end.
(Screwfix parts 12279 and 14904).
This will allow the oven to be slid back in (or out of!) its housing and
then connected up.

Failing that you would have to make up some sort of arrangement where the
fixed pipewrk could be undone (when the need arises).

See the Gas Fitting FAQ.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk