Tim

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:27:46 -0700, Mungo Henning wrote:

Simon Hawthorne wrote in message . ..
Thanks again all. I'm off to buy a bag of bits, and as suggested,
have a go on some bits of pipe away from the 'work'.

Emm, just to counteract the more positive replies already received here,
in my experience I have had "problems" with 8mm microbore and TRVs.

I still use 8mm in the house (I used it in a self-designed "underfloor
take the chill of the floor tiles" project, with much success).

That's interesting - I'm considering underfloor heating.

I note that there are various kits available using plastic pipe to bury in
the screed. But what about copper? I would think it's more durable.

Could you enlighten me on how you did it, Simon? Did you bury 8mm in the
screed and leave the tails above ground - or did you wrap the pipe with
anything first?

Ta

Timbo