Lenny

I found this radio on Ebay which looks just like the one I'm talking
about. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Thanks, Lenny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...keTra ck=true
(JURB6006) wrote in message ...
Are the function buttons underneath ?

The newer style decks needed a really strong belt to eject. (except for type D)

If you just cleaned the belt, I would suggest replacing it before getting any
deeper. Sometimes the clicking is because of the same thing. If it's the deck
is what I think it is, the solenoid isn't the only thing moving things into the
play mode. Actually if it's autoreverse, the lack of tape movement will cause
the clicking, or actually it could be a failure of the reel sensor. IIRC they
used motor torque to engage and disengage the mech, the solenoid was mainly for
reverse.

Of course if this is the older type deck with the controls on the side I have
no idea.

JURB