Tom

So by *all the facts* you mean all the facts you like, ignoring
whatever you don't see... Sure, most people are fine with guns. But
there are plenty that are not, and they're they type -like it or not-
that tend to favor guns that look mean, have 100 round clips and come
with a bayonet. That's who I'm talking about, not joe average with
his nice over-under 16ga that he uses for bird hunting.

So you feel that criminals who misuse guns prefer those nasty looking
weapons covered by the assault weapons ban?? According to the
Department of Justice less than 1% of crimes are committed with
weapons covered by the AWB. Are you also aware that just over 12% of
all violent crimes are committed with a firearm of any type? Or that
less than 4/10 of 1% of firearms are used to commit a crime? Or that
nearly twice as many people are killed by drunk drivers than are
killed by firearms each year?? We have more than enough gun laws on
the books - what we need are lawyers who are more concerned with
providing their clients with a fair trial rather than "getting them
off", judges who impose maximum penalties for committing a crime with
a gun and fewer weenies who are more concerned with criminals self
esteem than with the suffering of victims.