Andy Dingley

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:50:53 GMT, TWS wrote:

can you recommend a supplier of small quantities of helicoils and the
like?

I can buy them individually, in any local engineering supplier.
But I don't, because they need the magic tap to fit them, and that's
still expensive. So Helicoils, except in a couple of sizes where I've
already acquired the tool, get sent out to a machine shop.

I had these recommended to me lately. I haven't used them personally,
but generally the "tube" inserts are a bit easier to install the the
"wire coil" type.
http://www.timesert.com/
--
Smert' spamionam