tony sayer

Default Potterton Profile problem

In article , James Hart
writes
Andy Hall wrote:
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:44:13 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

There is only one PCB it does 'everything'.

[1] In fact there are significant numbers of Suprimas being
installed in new build. Probably because architects have not
clocked the problems with them and are still specifiying them.

One would have hoped that they have eventually sorted the
"electronics" problems of this boiler but from what you say this
doesn't seem to be the case:-(

That depends on the lifetime cost to the manufacturer of leaving alone
vs. doing a design change.

Do you remember the Ford Pinto debacle? This was that if this car
was rear ended in a particular way, the doors would jam and the fuel
tank would explode, incinerating the occupants.

There were numerous incidents of this and eventually it was noticed by
IIRC a consumer action group. It turned out that Ford had known
about this for some time but had worked out that it was cheaper to pay
out compensation than modify the car.

What about the Mini? It had an inherent fault in that the fuel filler stuck
out from the body and was within a few inches of the rear lights so in the
event of a rollover there was a strong probability that fuel could leak and
had a source of ignition as well.

Another death trap. Fortunately I survived a crash where that happened.
A five year old friend of my daughters didn't.

Poxy design:-(
--
Tony Sayer