Don Sforza

I just finished installing 24 new doors from Rockler... 20 flat panel,
shaker style in ash (the cheapest cuz we painted them), and four with
divided lights. Only two came in "not as ordered"... two of the large
divided light doors... the number of lights was wrong. A quick call and the
new ones were on my doorstep in days. Very satisfied... great quality. I
used european hinges that I bought from a local Woodcraft... all Blum. Some
doors were full inset, some 1/2 overlay, some had to swing more than 100
degrees... quite a challange to get them all up, aligned, painted, etc.
Considering the cabinets are 50 years old (house was built in 1954), I was
really surprised at how well everything fit.

I made one mistake in ordering... two doors were short about 1/2 inch. A
strip of ash laid in fixed that, and with paint we can't see the filler.

Total cost for doors, hinges, paint... about $1300. Since SWMBO and I don't
plan on living here more than 5 years or so before we make a break for the
sunshine state, hanging chards and all, trying to recoup a major remodel
would have been dicey. Hey, she's happy... and that's what counts, eh?

Don

wrote in message
Hello,
My wife wants new kitchen cabinets but does not want me spending too
much time making them, so we came to a compromise, she let me do them
if I have the doors made. So any Recommendations???????
Thanks, Mike