royroy

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:27:03 -0600, "Howie" wrote:
2) Should I shut the power off during the winter? It sounds like it is a
smart thing to do.

I was told years ago to never turn off the "warm-up" power to the
outside unit---that it would keep the seals, etc in good shape. I
can't say how well it worked, but I just replaced the 31 year old
system with a new 16 seer system. System never failed, and still
cooled when I had it carted off.
I will agree that the power use for that purpose is minimal
YMMV