IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:52:45 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

BG/Transco have QA depts, so are monitoring quality.

Fine, but if they are still within the organisation, where are the
independent checks and balances? I'm not suggesting that
skulduggery goes on but the temptation and opprotunity is there.

In a privatised money grabbing world there is.

The temptation is there regardless. In the public sector it is lack
of control and competition resulting in complacency and laziness.

That is a silly comment to make.

However, it is inconsistent if BG is effectively allowed to run

their
own self certifying arrangement while others are not.

They can, it depends on how big they are.

Other firms of heating engineers? Outside CORGI control?

Don't know of any, and none are that big.

I didn't think that the legislation and HSE implementation permitted
other than one organisation - i.e. CORGI to act as "regulator".

Either everybody should be self
certifying (which was deemed not to be
good enough, hence CORGI) or they
should be regulated by an
independent body.

An independent body can monitor how self certification is being

implemented
in organisations. SElf certification may only be to organisations of

minimum size.

Although size is not a predictor of quality, the model that is being
done for other industries is fairer.

Size means they will the resource.

Although the various organisations involved in the Building
Regulations Part P scam are of quite varying sizes.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl