Brian Sharrock

"Geoff Beale" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:02:39 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Since my friend has five large dogs (but no crem carpet that I know of)
she might well be interested in this.

Well we have four dogs and a DC07 to replace our worn out 10year old DC01
(although it would probably have been repairable). Not a dog's hair to
be seen anywhere after five minutes with the Dyson except a half full
container on the vac each time it's used.

We recently replaced our DC01 with a new DC07 - I wish I'd
done it years ago! The DC01 we bought fairly soon after it
was introduced to the UK market.
As others have reported we too ditched a Hoover Junior for the
Dyson.
The lounge carpet had been vacuumed with the Hoover and
seemed clean but we switched the DC01 on 'just to try it'.
Thankfully, there were only immediate members of the family
in the room - the amount of dust that the DC01 discovered in
that carpet was embarrassing!

The DC01 was fairly difficult to clean; the dust bin had to be emptied
out and was a pain to ease off from the operating single cyclone head.
The newer DC07 is exceptionally easy to empty - so much so that it's
a chore that is executed almost each time the DC07 is utilised.
That click-off single-handed operation is almost worth the price
alone.
We also bought the turbo-head 'thingy' for stair-carpet
cleaning.

For workshop sucking - I use a Trend workshop vacumm -this
has a 13A outlet into which I plug the power tool I'm using.
The suck starts when the tool is switched ON - surprisingly,
that's shortly before the dust seems to appear- and remains
sucking for six seconds after the tool is switched OFF I did use
the Dyson DC01 for this purpose but found the 'Have I switched
the vacuum cleaner ON? - Must remember to switch the noise OFF'
routine just too hard.!

It's annoying that Dyson has moved his manufacturing to Malaysia(?).
It's ironic or something that he did this after he'd been lauded by
Tony Blair as an example of 'Cool Britannia; and the minimum wage,
paternity leave entitlements, changes to Employers-NIC rates etc.
were introduced. Not necessarily in that sequence.
Dyson has claimed (AIUI) that £20 of value must be added to
each £1 of materials to justify manufacturing in England -with
it's existing overburden, while only £5 of value is needed in
Malaysia(?). [Half-remembered article in a paper's Business section].

For normal domestic cleaning - to a very high standard coupled
with ease-of-use, I'd endorse a decision to acquire a Dyson - all-surface-
model.

--

Brian