Andy Hall

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:38:13 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

=======================
I didn't have any real choice in the matter. If I'd made an official
complaint I could have become embroiled in months or possibly years of
investigations with no real satisfaction at the end of the process. As you
say, I took the quick way out for a quick sale and a quiet life. It's not
always the best way but it worked for me and the solicitor involved might
have learned a lesson as well. I wonder if solicitors learn from their
mistakes or do they somehow bury them like doctors?

Cic.

I think you answered that one, Cic.

The same applies to any of the so-called traditional professions.
They obfuscate information from their clients and if need be close
ranks to cover themselves.

It's obvious that your £100 arrangement to fix a problem was an
admission of guilt without an admission of guilt.

I've had similar issues with various of these paid advisors and have
ended up going for solutions such as you have described in order to
close the issue and move on in the most convenient way. The
principle annoys me intensely though.

Nowadays I tend to read up a bit on a subject first before giving the
job and have a conversation along the lines that I will be looking
closely, so if they are charging for solicitor time, they had better
not be using the office junior.

I do the same with doctors, bank managers and all the rest and don't
allow myself to be fobbed off by any of them. Generally if they know
early on in the arrangement that this is the situation, the attempts
at obfuscation stop and they pay proper attention,

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl