James254

"TA7205" wrote in message
Hi;

This AV-32F704 was dropped initially.

Repaired PCB cracks, now unit turns on, shuts down after 5 seconds
and timer lite blinks once a second. Is that a diagnostic code ?

There's HV, but no sound or pix. There's a white flash and you see a

raster
collapse when it shuts down.

Thanks very much,
Rick

Hi Rick,

Almost certainly the unit is going into protection mode.

I am not familiar with your model as it's for the US market only. But I have
seen this before with JVC. It is a common practice for JVC TV's to go back
into stand-by when a problem is detected, usually with the LED blinking at 1
second or 1/4 second intervals, depending on the model and the number of
protection circuits. Usually it is not possible to switch the unit back on,
you must unplug the power cord, wait a short time then plug the cord back in
again. This is a very good indication protection circuit thinks something is
wrong!

I suggest you look for cracks around the high voltage transformer. Pay
special attention to the fine tracks on the PCB, some of these lines are
used for x-ray protection.

James
--
Please Note - E-mail address corrupt. Please change "NO" to "ii"