Hippo

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:21:24 +0100, Hippo wrote:

Hi All

Anyone know how to get this boiler off the wall without resorting to JCB
/
explosives !?

It unbolts. You seem to have found the studs.
You're best bet is to try and remove the heat exchanger from
the rest as this will reduce the total weight you have to move in one go.
Evenso that part alone will be at least 50kg.
Added to which you have to make sure that the dregs don't splash over the
brand new kitchen...
It will of course be positioned awkwardly.

Does anyone know how much it weighs roughly?

Plenty.

From what I can see, there is a frame on the wall which the boiler has
been
slotted in to.
There are a couple of studs that are located into cut outs in the frame.
would guess that the boiler has been lifted into the slots, pushed back
and
then settled into a lower cut out (1/4'') to prevent it moving. The
problem
I have is there doesn't seem to be enough give to lift the thing up 1/4''
bring it out. All the pipes connecting it have been disconnected.
Is there something else to this?

2 people required for this job.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Many thanks, two people will be giving it a go now.

It will of course be positioned awkwardly.

I'm coming to the conclusion the house was built around the boiler :-)