kingdruman

Default question about jvc receiver

Hi
First time post, long time lurker.
I have a jvcRX950v stereo receiver that I have been troubleshooting.
the left channel is distorted but comes back in and plays both sides great
for 2 hours, then it starts distorting again and basically, it is in and out
from there.
I have fiddled with a few wires but no go as I suspected to be a short or
something.
there does not appear to be any burnt parts or anything, and I have tried it
with 3 different speaker setups, and now have it on the bench with just
headphones.
I am getting the same results every time I power it on and still no luck in
tracing the problem.
any help would be definatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
mike