Jim

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 04:00:01 GMT, "99windstar"
wrote:

I have bought a few houses and have never paid any fee up front. Only thing
paid at the beginning of a contract is an earnst money deposit. That is
taken care of at the time of the offer and put into Escrow. Any fees,
inspection, title, real estate fees etc. is part of closing.

Only fees I recall paying (we are with Countrywide) was an apparaisal
fee ($250 or so), a credit check fee of $25 or some such and earnest
money when we made the offer.

I'd ask them to send you a written request explaining exactly what
this money is for or to explain to you where this is spelled out in
the documents you may have already signed, something smells odd but it
might just be a misunderstanding and is something you agreed to even
if you don't recall doing so.

Jim P.