Scott

Jim,

Update: I stopped by a local electrical contractor's business and showed an electrician
there the wiring diagram for the double-break thermostat/switch that mounts on the
end of the baseboard heater. He confirmed the correct way to hook up the leads...
L1 and L2 go to the red leads coming out of the thermostat, and the other two leads
connect to the heater (the wire loops through the length of the heater). Now I feel
very confident about doing this job myself.

Scott

Speedy Jim wrote:

Scott wrote:

Speedy Jim,

Okay, NOW I get it! Because it's 240V, both the black and white wires are hot...
correct?

Scott

Yes.