David

Wes, the crosslinker DOES harden the finish by a noticeable amount. I'm
not sure it is the 7 times that they claim.

David

Wes Stewart wrote:

On 26 Oct 2004 17:19:13 GMT, Gary Fritz wrote:

|David wrote:
| It will harden over time, Gary, but I'll bet you the contents of
| my shop that even 3 months from now, you will be able to scratch
| it with your fingernail
|
|Eeesh. In 3 months my kids could make a mess of my beautiful new
|finish. How long until it's fully hardened? Hopefully it will get a
|whole lot harder than fingernail-scratching level!!!
|
|I'm starting to wonder if water-based was such a good idea after all...

What (whose) material did you use. As I believe David said, Enduro
makes a crosslinking material that is claimed to improve chemical and
abrasion resistance by a factor of seven or so when added to their
finish.

I have some of this material but have yet use it, so I can't confirm.