JTMcC

"Nate" wrote in message

"Brian V"

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky"
What would you recommend?

I like consistancy, myself. I also like having lots of room, so I use 1/2
height breakers. 20 years is pretty old. Can you still easily find
breakers for it?

I just had mine done...I'm in Milford, MA cost me 950$...thats for a new
line from the peak of my roof, new 200a meter, 200a large breaker panel
with about 15 breakers installed.

There you go.

I recently paid exactly the same for the same in Colorado - except my
house has Al wires, so lots of expensive wire nuts. He wired up a new AC
as well. A quick check of my records shows 40 bucks/hr for 16 man hrs and
300 bucks in gear. It's all Siemens equipment. Fine stuff. 3 of those
man hrs were not spent at the house - basically quoting, specing and
purchasing the equipment. I got the permit in my own name. I paid on a
T&M basis. I think I was on the generous side in calculating their hours.
The guy certainly didn't argue. I cut the check before he drove off.
Heck of a lot cheaper than 2800.

I know that in my business, rates are quite a bit higher in Boston than they
are in Colorado.

JTMcC.

- Nate