Art

Even if the amber works it won't last forever.

"Stan" wrote in message
. com...
I just installed Emberglow vented gas log with pilot kit and found that the
pilot is very noisy. Its constant hissing drives us nuts. I called the
customer service and here is what they told me.

1. Use aluminum gas tubing to connect the gas log. Mine is 3/8 copper, it
runs from the basement and it is about 10 feet long. Not sure that I want
replace it to aluminum..

2. If this does not work, put a piece of a glowing ember (stuff that comes
with the log to look like hot ashes) inside the gas pipe before the pilot
kit. I am not sure that this is a good advice either - I am afraid that it
will simply plug up something inside..

What can I do to reduce gas pressure?

Thanks,

-Stan