raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:46:14 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"raden" wrote in message

They did, but then realised how much it was costing, so they said (in a
nutshell) we're not going to register our fitters anymore, what are you
going to do about it?

I don't blame them. To men who are C&G qualified and have been working in
the industry, why should they pay for a certificate to prove what they
already know.

At that level neither do I. However, if this is what is happening,
then their employer is breaking the law if the employees are relying
on his registration and don't have their own.

I can't find anything in the GSIU regulations or HSE guidelines that
exempts BG.

It's called a special dispensation

not really difficult to obtain when you have someone else's dangly bits
in a firm grip

--
geoff