Do you need to solder ?

Just compression join the new vaules on the pipes in the same place as
the old ones.

If you have never soldered, then you can (shh say the quietly)
compression join, (real hush down now) or pushfit ?

If you goto a good plumbers merchant, in person, on a quiet day, and
buy the stuff, they will probably give you a soldering lesson ........

Rick

if you have never done it before then practice on a couple of fittings and
some offcuts of pipe first. I did it for the first time quite recently and
it was very easy, especially with solder ring fittings. If you have ever
soldered anything before (even electronics) you will have an advantage of
knowing what flowing solder should look like. As already mentioned you need
to get the joint as clean as possible - that is both the pipe end and the
inside of the fitting, I used green scotchbrite but some people use wire
wool.