Alan Vann

Mary Fisher wrote:
I think it's been discussed before but I can't remember the details.

What are opinions on Dyson vacuum cleaners, please?

The triumph of form over function, a bit like Bang & Olufsen (sp?) - Very
well designed and by that I mean the sort of design that makes other
designers go all gooey....

I've had a DC02 for 6ish years now. It hasn't broken yet, probably 'cos it
hasn't many moving parts, but it regularly annoys.....

Take the hose for instance. How would you usually pull a cylinder cleaner
around? Exactly, by the hose. Except that on this one, the hose connects to
the top of the machine, right over it's centre of gravity. Pull it sideways
and instead of steering round and following you, it falls over.......

.....and then there's the handle. Very curved and comfortable when using the
std floor brush, but just you try and use it with the small accessory brush.
The hose hits the floor before the brush is flat. It's no good for cars
either as you can't get the thing down flat enough (I usually put an old
Electrolux brush on )) Or the mains lead, which still curls up and twists
after all this time......

So why am I still using it? 'Cos it was expensive and I'm damn well going to
get my money's worth!

Alan