Peter Hyde

Greg G. wrote in message . ..
Peter Hyde said:

Greg
I have done quite a lot of spalted maple as you can see he
http://www.peterhyde.bravehost.com/

snip
Hope this helps
Peter hyde

Hi, Peter,
Wow! I just finished this Pencil Cup, turned in spalted beech,
finished it with 3 coats of lacquer, sanded to 600, polished with
automotive polishing compound, and waxed with Johnsons Paste Wax.

Then I read your reply... Great minds think alike, eh? ;-)

Granted, it's nothing special - the lines are crude and I just turned
it on the fly with no plan in mind. But it is only the second thing I
have ever turned, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Two images he

http://www.thevideodoc.com/images/Tu...cil_Cup02s.jpg
http://www.thevideodoc.com/images/Tu...cil_Cup01s.jpg

Thanks for the information!
I'll try to put it to good use in the future.
Also, nice looking pieces on your web site!

Looks pretty good to me Greg, keep up the good work. Spalted wood is
probably one of the most difficult to turn depending on how soft it
is. I got a lot of practice turning styrofoam at work and that is how
I learned the light touch on a skew chisel.