Kyle Boatright

From my experience, there is only one thing worse than textured walls in a
kitchen, and that's a popcorn ceiling. If at all possible, I would
recommend that you make the walls as smooth as possible and paint with a
good washable enamel. Makes keeping the kitchen clean a whole lot easier.
But if you are going to texture it, then don't dilute the ready mix with
paint. Get a dry bag, and a large bucket. Substitute a gallon of latex
paint for a gallon of the recommended water amount and mix. Consistent
texturing over a large area is tricky if you're not experienced or
"artistic."

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

Excellent advise. You ever try to repair a ding in a popcorn ceiling or a
textured wall? It is nearly impossible to make a repair that doesn't stick
out like a sore thumb. With smooth walls and ceilings, you can fix any
damage to the point where it is invisible...