Jan Wysocki

In article , a wrote:

About some "filth quiz".

I dont know, but I wouldnt mind betting the advice from the oldies (no
offence intended ) would be a good swill with bleach now and again. When I
replaced a waste pipe a while ago it was full of gunk and didnt look
pleasant.

Pah! Savvy oldies wouldn't want to consolidate the filth with bleach!
Bleach might reduce the smell temporarily, but if and only if you
need to clean your 'plug hole' (waste trap surely?) chemically,
then use washing soda or caustic soda (in order of efficacy and
nastiness). If you failed O level chemistry then stick to reliable
mechanical methods:-)

Chlorine is nasty stuff. The amounts used in the 1914 - 19*
war were greater, but a nasty lung rotting gas is still a nasty lung
rotting gas when it's in your sink.

[*VOT - FWIW Insular britons and yanks think it finished in 1918,
but the German and Russian armies were still at it in 1919.]

--
Jan