Andy Hall wrote:
On 26 Oct 2004 20:39:15 GMT, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

What would people recommend? The torque requirement rules out most of
the really cheap ones I think, they either don't state the torque or
it's around 15 to 20Nm. On the other hand I'm not after a tool that
can handle lots of abuse and last for ever on a building site, I'm
really not going to work it that hard.

What about an impact driver like a Makita 6916 or Axminster have a
Hitachi one at £150.

I believe that these do well in this type of application, but please
check.

I've sort of hankered after one of those anyway, it's an idea I
suppose, I'll take a look.

I did see one used to put in long screws at a tool show recently, but
didn't stop to look in detail - it seemed convincing and the claim was
that they don't knacker the heads of the screws as much as normal
drivers. I wasn't clear as to why, though

The 8 x 100 (and I have some 8 x 120) screws have hex heads anyway so
that is less of an issue with them.

--
Chris Green